Sunday, May 13, 2007

St. James Missionary Baptist Church

The church Elders at Saint James Missionary Baptist Church in Key West




I didn't experience the joy of being with my daughters on Mother's day but I must say this is one of the most unique Mother's day I've ever had! Tom and I are currently in Key West and this morning we took the city bus into town to find a place to worship with God's people. We found the little Baptist church we had seen online and there we were warmly welcomed by Brother Mitchell, Deacon Johnson and the other congregants. Three hours later, after soulful worship, interactive audience participation and a touching tribute to Mother's from all the kids, we left trying to take in all that had just happened. Not the typical church service but exciting none the less and we had achieved one of our trip goals of meeting new friends. Thank you Lord for directing us to St. James Missionary Baptist Church.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the Atlantic ocean saltier than the Pacific?

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom and Lorraine,
Brian and Monica showed me the web
site and I just found yours this am.
Love the pictures and wish you a
wonderful rest of the trip.
Will keep up with you. Brian and Monica got off to Israel and were
so excited.
Be careful and God Bless,
Grace to You, Jerri and Don

Anonymous said...

Good words.