Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway

Miss Dillie navigates us over the mighty Mississippi River



ZZ Top, Steppenwolf, Steve Miller Band, the Stones and many more have kept us rockin' down the highway, but God kept us rollin'. Thank you Lord! A bomber stereo and great snacks kept the driver happy as we drove through five states and covered 1200 miles since San Antonio. Miss Dillie was a great help as navigator. We have given up our quest for the best BBQ in exchange for more of the excellent fresh catfish and shrimp we enjoyed in Mississippi. We are currently at Fort Myers on the west coast of Florida and plan to switch into cruise gear looking for quiet beaches, seashells and more good seafood. Thanks for leaving comments, it's great to hear from you and helps us feel connected to home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!!! I'm excited to keep up with your trip now that I know this address! When my family went to the Alamo, we went 5 times in 3 days...my dad loves that era of history! Well, take care! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

can you get me in for 0 down?

Anonymous said...

Shrimp, catfish...all those southern specialties you get to enjoy. I'm jealous..no, really I am. Maybe no one else can relate but I'll just have to dream of those crab cakes while you get to eat em.

Tom, by the way, you should be eating my portion. You get any skinnier and you'll blow away. Each new state you look skinnier and skinnier. I'd say something about Lorraine but she's already done been skinny.

Here's a couple of stupid Florida laws to think about whilst you're drivin'

It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

Key West law: Chickens are considered a 'protected species'.

And....Florida State Motto:
If you think we can't vote, wait till you see us drive.

See ya

Dave said...

We miss you guys.Are ya-all any where the fires?